I'm posting again to answer Aunt Jan's questions.
- Tomorrow at court we are petitioning the judge to change Misha's name to Timothy James Miller, to keep his birth date and place the same, and to make us legally his parents. Assuming our request is approved (the judge rules immediately), they will issue him a new birth certificate with all this information.
- Our court is in the morning so we will be able to pick TJ up in the afternoon and bring him back to the hotel. We have gifts for the caregivers and will bring them cake as a token of our thanks.
-We will then leave Uralsk on Friday morning for Almaty.
-We will be free for the weekend in Almaty and then will have appointments at a Medical Clinic and at the US Embassy next week. All the paper work should be completed by July 8th, but we aren't able to get a flight out till July 11th, so we'll have some down time, but will enjoy our time as a family.
Well, time for bed.
Good night.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good luck in court tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you. Good luck, too, on the transition from baby house to hotel. That will be a big and very exciting step for your little family. We're looking forward to meeting TJ and welcoming all of you to the good, old USA!!!
Love, Aunt Susan & Uncle Don
Good luck in court tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you. Good luck, too, on the transition from baby house to hotel. That will be a big and very exciting step for your little family. We're looking forward to meeting TJ and welcoming all of you to the good, old USA!!!
Love, Aunt Susan & Uncle Don
Good luck to all of you tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you all day. Hope TJ has an easy transition; I know you two will do all you can to make it smooth--you've done everything so far to make it great for him! You're right Lisa, the time in Almaty will be good for you to enjoy your new family. Hope TJ stays on his sleeping schedule!!Good luck.
We are thinking about you...what an adventure when you have your first night in the hotel! Better have some cheerios ready...and a banana for the little monkey. Let us know as soon as it is official and we'll break out the vodka!
Love, Mom and Aunt Pat
Good luck tomorrow!! I'm sure everything will be fine. You should have had me at the Chinese restaurant so I could translate!! =]
--Ranu
Jon and Lisa
Good luck tomorrow! Dave and I will be thinking of you guys! Safe trip back to Almaty...and soon back to the US with your handsome little boy! Congratulations to the two of you.
Kylie and David Lasko
Jon and Lisa;
I have tried to imagine the range of emotions that you both have gone through. I don't think that I have even scratched the surface.
May the rest of your courageous trip go well.
Love, Gene Preblick
To Mom & Pat
I sure hope it is Russian vodka! That seems to be the appropriate thing to do. That is what I drank to toast the addition to the Metuchen Miller family although it was only 4AM when I read the news! I can't wait to meet TJ.
Love R.A. Helen
Post a Comment