I've attached another swing picture, which I swear is the last (maybe). It's a sure hit with TJ so we spend a lot of time on it. We don't have many options of where to spend our visits. We can either stay in a room in the babyhouse (which is a million degrees) or go outside and hangout on the playground or at a picnic table.

The morning visits are better because it's cooler and the playground is shady so TJ can run around. In the afternoon, the playground is in the sun, so we typically sit at a shaded picnic table, but it's hard to keep him confined as he can hear his group playing ball 50 feet away. Yes, unfortunately, his group's playtime is when we are outside too. So it's a bit of a distraction. Typically you would want a kid to play with his friends, but we try hard to make sure there aren't any "jail breaks."
However, there are a lot of jail breaks from the kids in the group. They come running at us and yell "mama." It's a bit heartbreaking, but we just try to stay out of their sightline. They are all very cute though.
Tonight, we are trying traditional Kazakh food for dinner, so more to come on that. Eating is always an adventure.
10 comments:
Hi Lisa and Jon--It looks like TJ is going to be a natural at baseball and any other sports that are outside. I'm glad you're having a great time and things are going well. Can't wait for the three of you to return. Jackie
Hooray...a picture of #1. I'm going to your house today for the litter brigade and plant watering. Lyn Hofstra gave me a great bag for you filled with goodies for TJ. I am also trying the post office today to check for mailing rates. Love...love...love!
Lisa and Jon,
Ray and I were at the Wiggins' yesterday for the post-golf 'cue, and Barb showed us the blog. We're riveted w/the continuing updates, and are totally smitten w/TJ. You do believe in arranged marriages, right? We'd like TJ to consider a marvelous Irish lass in Glen Ridge who can almost dress herself and gives hugs and kisses with abandon. Besides the potential of marrying Erin into your family someday, Connor had the highest praise for Jon yesterday. When told that we were going to the Wiggins' house for a picnic, he asked if "the fun man who plays games with me" was going to be there. I explained that he was with Lisa (a fun lady herself) bringing their little boy TJ home who we could meet and play with someday. We all agreed that TJ is lucky to have such fun parents.
We miss you guys but know that you are making amazing memories for a lifetime. We love you and wish you a wonderful time together in TJ's home country. It's a million degrees here, too, so you're not missing good weather. :)
Jake says "thank you" to TJ for the Father's Day wishes. Happy Belated Father's Day to Jon (didn't get around to checking the blog yesterday). I have a story to add to Patrick's: When I told Noah that Uncle Jonny may not be at the beach this summer, he became very concerned about who would build sandcastles with him. So...Noah and I decided to buy Jake a "how to build sandcastles" book for Father's Day. I'm not sure it was his favorite gift, but Noah loves it! ;) Can't wait to hear about the Kazakh dinner and see more pictures of adorable TJ!
Love,
Deb (& Jake, Noah & Rachel)
Hi Lisa and Jon!
It's amazing how you have been documenting your journey. I love reading all about your visits with TJ and seeing the pictures. He is so cute!! I'm glad everything is going well, and can't wait to see you all soon!
Love,
Jenn
P.S. Wigsey, I'm with you on the horse meat!
My heart broke when you told about the jail break kids yelling "MaMa!" If I weren't ancient, I think I might consider adopting. At this point, though, I'll just love my three grandkids. Although you've only been gone two weeks, it seems like forever. Miss you! Love ya, Mom and Dad
Uncle Tom was surprised and pleased to receive TJ's unique Father's Day card which he appreciated more than hearing about Jon's horse dinner.
So glad that you have reached the half way point of your journey because your bloggers are grasping for fresh adjectives to describe your adorable, cute and precious son.
Thanks for your devoted journaling and pics. I'm sure all of our lives have been enriched by sharing this incredible journey with you.
Belated happy Parent's Days to you both. We are all enjoying the daily updates, and can't wait for you to bring TJ home.
Missed you yesterday at the Father's Day activities. (Jon, I think you owe Ron $5.) Forgot to take the new Mr. Happy with us, so we'll just have to save that for TJ.
Love you guys,
Florine, Chuck, Scott, and Sean
(Sean, you can be first next time)
P.S. Who is Uncle Ch(thumb)?
Jon and Lisa
I am a little slow on checking the blog this weekend. HAPPY BELATED FATHER's DAY!! Dave and I love the pictures so keep them coming. I enjoy hearing all about your adventures with TJ...you can just feel the love between the three of you!
Looking forward to more...
Kylie and David Lasko
How amazing that you are halfway around the world getting to know your little boy, and he is warming up to you so quickly. You all look great together! I hope all goes well in court and we see you all back here in a few weeks!
Love,
Marcia
Post a Comment