7 a.m. - Alarm Goes Off
8 a.m. - Go to breakfast in Diningroom
8:30 a.m. - Cars pick us up and take us to the babyhouse
8:45 - 9:45 a.m. - Morning visitation
9:50 a.m. - Our translator asks us what we want to do, and we all stare at each other. We usually go to see a site like the museum, zoo or a market. Today we went to the park. Jon of course found a beach volleyball court that we got permission to use, but we only had one of TJ's play balls. One lady came over yelling at us. Turned out she was saying "those silly Americanskis are using a little boy ball." They were nice enough to let us borrow a real volleyball.
12:00 - Lunch, either at a cafe or in the room
2:00 (all meals take at least two hours) - Post on the blog and take a nap
4:00 - Get ready for the afternoon visitation
4:30 - Cars pick us up and take us to the babyhouse
5:00 - 6:00 - Afternoon visitation
6:00 - We go back to the hotel or get dinner somewhere. Our translator will go with us to order if there isn't an English menu
8:00 - Texas Hold'em tournament with our travel partners on the deck of our hotel (Rm. 216 has the most wins!)
10:00 - Post again and go to bed.
Yes, exciting we know. Obviously the highlights are our visitations. Here is a picture of the sunglass guys from this morning. And of the volleyball players.

9 comments:
Just a quick note to say, "God bless your family. I'm a friend of Judy's and have been praying for your family.
These pics of the sunglasses remind me of the movie Big Daddy... john congrats on a new nickname. Just dont have TJ eating ketchup or anything like the movie. Can't wait to meet the little guy.
Lisa, Jon and TJ,
Congrats!! on the new family unit.
I hope all continues to go well. Sorry I haven't left a message before but I had intended to several times. Being parents will be the most fulfilling and greatest experience of your lives. Enjoy every minute it's most rewarding thing that you'll ever do. I'm very happy for the three of you!!!
Best wishes,
The Romano Family
Lisa, that comment about volleyball is just what Ray says to me everytime I try to pitch.
I can't wait till you get TJ in your arms 24/7.
Love,
Patrick & co.
Love the picture of the "sunglass guys". Jon and TJ's expressions tells it all. Thanks again for sharing this with all of us back home. Can't wait to see the next blog. Love to all of you, Lee
I think the schedule sounds delightful. It is probably the first time in a long time that either of you has had this much downtime (and may be the last for a long time!) And, there is always the anticipation of the next visit. I found a pair of red Mickey sunglasses for TJ and now I am trying to find a pair for Jon.
Love the sunglasses. Just so you know, you didn't have to go all the way around the world to play Texas Hold 'Em...we can play here (especially now that school is out!)Thinking of you.Love,Kristine
Hey, Jon and Lisa--We've been enjoying the blogs--we check in every day! We're off to Michigan tomorrow to drop Molly off for six weeks! It's a 12 hour trip each way so we'll be bored, too! The days sound pretty long with only the two-hour respite to see TJ--can't wait 'til you get him for good. Give him kisses from us. Joe starts work as a counselor in training at tot camp next week so maybe you have an additional babysitter!Mimi
Jon & Lisa,
I thought I figured out how to send you an e-mail, but I'm not sure. I have never used a blog site so I've had difficulty figuring out how to leave a response to your postings. Anyway, I’m hopinging this will get through to you.
I just looked at the blog again tonight for the first time in about a week. I will have to admit, I am overwhelmed with joy for the both of you and for TJ.
This is such a wonderful way to share your experience with everybody who loves and cares so much for you.
Karen and I send our congratulations and warmest wishes. Hopefully we will get to see the little guy this fall during the football season.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Love,
Ross & Karen Gibson
Post a Comment