Monday, June 12, 2006

Yesterday TJ said his first English word. It was "Cat." We were showing him this picture book and I pointed at our cat Sydney and said "cat" and he replied "cat." So we're making progress. No Mama and Papa yet, but that's okay, we have time.



TJ also can't get enough juice. He loves apple juice and literally chugs it whenever we let him have it, so we have to ration him.



The adults took a trip today to the zoo. The big attraction there were two bears and their two cubs. In Kazakhstan they are not as concerned with interacting with the animals or feeding them. The cubs could literally put their paws through the gates where we were standing. Jon, thinking he was funny, held out the travel monkey which the cub swatted and left three little scratch marks on Jon's hand. Good thing their claws aren't sharp yet!


Oh well. Hope everyone is doing well.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sydney and Cindy are fine. Their litter was changed yesterday...they got a treat of wet food...Simone installed the car seat and put batteries in the crib music acquarium... and today Helen is watering the plants. A mountain of mail!!! I will go to Barnes and Noble today to look for your Vol. 5 a 6 books, Jon.
Apple juice is healthy! Hugs and Kisses to TJ and to you guys as well.

Anonymous said...

With the hand in the bear cage and shorts in the church, I believe we have a new candidate for the title of travel monkey.

It must be wonderful to begin one adventure (parenthood) with an international adventure all its own. Enjoy every second on both adventures.

As someone who sniggered when others said it, I can tell you that kids grow up too fast. Savor each moment.

Now, fewer pictures of Jon. More of TJ and Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Cat?!? Ugh. I'm sure he'll learn some useful English words soon :) Went to Rosa Mexicano for dinner yesterday. When we walked in Noah said, "I've been here before with Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jonny." We had a couple of margaritas for you! (Not the kids; they had milk.)
Love,
Deb
P.S. I agree with the prior post; more pictures of Mama!!

Anonymous said...

These updates are GREAT! You guys already look like a family! T.J. seems so comfortable with you both! I think I need to meet this traveling monkey...clearly there's an inside joke there that your friends at work don't know about. haha!

Best to you all!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Casey Goldstein shared with me the website just now in class. I wish you all the best!
Laura Unger

p.s. he is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Can the new "travel monkey" be the photographer so that we can have more photos of TJ and his mama?
I think most of your bloggers are eagerly awaiting the inside joke about the monkey. Can you share?

The Bonekemper cat lovers are thrilled with TJ's first English word. Deb will just have to live with it!

Love to all of you ............

Anonymous said...

Such a smart child!
Cat="Kochka". As always, love the updates. Jon, now that the monkey does not screech can he help you take pictures?
Kisses and Hugs to TJ and Parents
Helen

Anonymous said...

Seeing TJ reading a book so intently gladdens my English teacher heart. But, is he holding the book upside down?
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

More pictures of NUMBER#1 and the very special little SON!
I also noticed the upside down book...with two grandmas teachlng English, this kid doesn't have a chance! Of course, I did spell aquarium incorrectly and it has been bothering me all day!
What's your next trick, Papa?

Anonymous said...

To Mama, Papa and TJ Miller from the Millers of River Edge...
Glad to hear all is going well 1/2 way around the world. It appears TJ was destined to be part of your family (and a beautiful family it is). At this stage, he has no idea how blessed he is to have such wonderful and loving parents...but he will one day.
We agree with Debbie.. more pictures of the proud Mama, please!

Love, Pops & Grandma

Anonymous said...

From Pops - to the English pros

I din't even notice he was reading a book! I was just admiring my new grandson.

Anonymous said...

From Pops to Judy & Barbara

I typed "didn't" wrong in my last blog- Pls forgive me.

Anonymous said...

To the English teacher grandmas:
The Elmo book is rightside up; only the photo album is upside down. Maybe TJ's family looks better that way (especially the cats)! I think he knows what he's doing. :)
Deb

Anonymous said...

TJ looks like such a sweet kid!! I'm so happy for you guys. Keep being photo-happy because we love checking the pix in homeroom every morning. It looks like things are going really well and we're all very excited about TJ's homecoming. Give TJ a big SC hug from all of us!

<3 Niki