Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today marked the completion of our mandatory 14-day visitation period. Our facilitators submitted the paperwork today and we should have pre-court on Monday. Pre-court is the same as court, but without the prosecutor. The dry run should help ease nerves for the big day which will hopefully be on Wednesday.

Also yesterday evening the babyhouse had a power and water outage. This seems to be quite common in Kazakhstan. We were asked to bring extra diapers this morning for the other kids in the orphanage, so we all brought extra bags in this morning. Supposedly the state doesn't help subsidize diapers so there is always a shortage. I think that might be why kids in TJ's group are "toilet timed." They only wear diapers during naps and overnight. Besides that, they put them on the toilet after meals and snacks.

A photographer also came to the babyhouse today to take TJ's passport photo. TJ did a pretty good job standing still and looking at mama while she did a dance behind the photographer.

This morning we played on the playground (again), another family had left this sand rake behind and TJ loved it. I think he's ready for the beach!



We also bought him this Russian police car, but quickly learned our lesson about needing durable toys for a 2 year old - within minutes he smashed off the roof lights and busted a wheel. Oh well - I'm sure it won't be the first beat up toy.



The days are going by much more quickly now which is good. We also look forward to reading all the comments people post. We feel like there is a big TJ fan base out there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure TJ will become a real Jersey beach bum. Marvin and I are enjoying keeping up with you guys so much. We leave for Italy on Wed. June 28 and will be back on July 8. Hopefully, you will already be back. I'm going to miss seeing the pictures and hearing about your day. It will be fun to log on and catch up when we return. Love to all, Lee

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed that you'll be able to come home early. Hope all goes well at court. I just love seeing how happy he is when you're there for him. He's a very lucky little boy. With the name TJ though, you're in for it. Believe me.

Love,
Rogo and "my" TJ

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing a tremendous job, and TJ is one very lucky little boy. Katy keeps pointing to the pictures of him and gets very excited when she sees him.
Can't wait to see you guys, and hope the "pre-court" goes well.

See you all soon. Go Sox!!

Bill, Amy, Katy, and Madelyn

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

Congratulations on making it to the 14-day mark. I hope all goes well with the pre-court. I'll be thinking of you!

Love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Jon and Lisa,

We love the pictures of TJ and watching him change before our eyes. Good luck with the pre court!
Can't wait to see you all!
Love, Loraine and Fred

Anonymous said...

Destroying a Russian police car! Didn't you tell him the Cold War is over, Jon? Gramma Barb and I talked on the phone tonight about getting the house ready for your return...two weeks...tell TJ we are waiting! Cindy said "Meow".

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the end of the first phase of your exciting journey! You're one step closer to getting to bring home the little miracle that everyone back home can't stop talking about! :) I'm sure you'll have lines out the door of people wanting to babysit, lolz. Keep enjoying the whole experience; all the best wishes; as always, looking forward to all the priceless pics!!!

~Casey

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon and Lisa
Gram Judy just gave us the Blog Web site - we just took about an hour reading all your postings(backwards)- read the comments and also viewed all the wonderful pictures of your new little son. Through teary eyes we want to send prayers and good wishes to all 3 of you. God Bless TJ. Safe trip home.
Love, Mary Lou and George Tarby